This workshop on Android Development is focused on App Development. Google Android Development Workshop mainly focuses on how to use native Android OS for building your own Android Application. Students will be introduced to Android Development environment with tools and infrastructure designed to help developers build high-quality apps
The topics will be covered with Live Practical Implementation. Please carry your laptops.
The Charges includes:
- Handouts and training material
- Certificate of Excellence from Elan and nVision IIT Hyderabad & Robotech Labs
This is properly divided into theory and hands-on sessions.
Also some time is exclusively left Interactive Session for Problem Discussion and discussing new ideas etc
Certificate of Excellence from Elan and nVision IIT Hyderabad & Robotech Labs
- Introduction to Open Source
- Introduction to Android technology
- Structure of Android applications
- Understanding Manifest
- Creating Skeleton Application
- Using XML based layouts
- Using Basic Widgets
- Working with Containers
- Using Selection Widgets
- Using Fancy Widgets and Containers
- Applying Menus and Fonts
- Embedding the WebKit browser
- Showing Pop-up Messages
- Dealing with Threads
- Handling Activity Lifecycle events
- Setting Preferences
- Accesing the Files
- Working with Resources
- Managing Local Databases
- Communicating with Internet
- Create Intent Filters
- Launching Activities
- Intospection with action
- Handling Rotation
- Using a Content Provider
- Creating a Content Provider
- Managing Permissions
- Creating and Using the Services
- Creating Alerts with Notifications
- Accessing Location based Services
- Mapping with MapView and MapActivity
- Handling Telephone Calls
- Searching with Search Manager
- Telephony and SMS
- Audio, Video and using the Camera
- Bluetooth, Networks and Wi-Fi
- Do we need to carry laptop along with us?
Its better if you can carry your laptop with you , if not then you can share with your friends if coming in a group or with fellow workshop participants.
- Where to report ? When to report?
You will get the details of exact workshop venue inside the campus a day before the workshop. You can reach at 8.30 AM at the campus/venue.
If you have opted for accommodation then please follow accommodation rules and timings.
Accommodation will be available inside the campus at nominal charges.
You can register here